Characteristic of Eclectic Counseling
1) In this, objective and coordinating methods are used.
2) In the beginning of counseling, client-active methods are used and the counselor remains passive.
3) In this, more importance is assigned to the job efficiency and treatment.
4) In this, the principle of low expenditure is emphasized.
5) In such counseling, for the use of all the methods and techniques, the professional efficiency and skill of the counselor are must.
6) Keeping in mind the need of the client, it is decided whether directive method or non-directive methods should be used.
7) Making an opportunity available to the client is insisted so that he may find himself the solution of the problem.